Cake Coloring Pages
One mistake that you must not do on the dinner table when you have kids is presenting the dessert and main course at the same time. That is especially if the dessert is ice cream or cakes. I can guarantee that your adorable little kid will forget the main course and want the cakes for the entire evening meal. You can't blame them, though. As an ex-kid myself, I have a strong inclination to anything sweet like cakes. I would eat anything from pancakes, cheesecake, black forest, or whatever name the cake had. They were just so yummy, creamy, and sweet. That's everything you need to make your day pleasant.
Anyway, if you're looking for some cake coloring pages, you can find a number of them below. Most of them resemble a birthday cake with candles and floral decoration. Some of them look more like a wedding cake since they're a whole lot taller. In terms of difficulty, well some of them are quite plain and simple, making them perfect for preschoolers. Some other are more challenging as they have smaller details that require more focus and better motor skills to color. Either way, I'm sure you can have a good time with these cake printables. Check them out below!
Also Check: Turtle Coloring Pages
Cake Coloring Pages
Cake Fun Facts
- In Roman times, eggs and butter were often added to basic bread to give a consistency that we would recognize as cake-like, and honey was used as a sweetener. The distinction between Roman concepts of cake and bread was therefore very blurred.
- Cakes were a part of strange rituals million years ago. Have you heard of Celtic people? They celebrate a festival by name Beltane festival. During this festival, they lit bonfires atop a hill and will roll down round cakes from the hill. If the cake doesn’t break, they believe it will bring good fortune.
- According to an old English superstition, putting a fruit cake under your pillow would make you dream about the person you will marry.
- Cakes definitely play a major role during wedding, but how these wedding ceremonies were completed during ancient times? They either break a big bread loaf on top of the bride’s head or simply throw pieces of bread on her.
- Originally Fruit cake was eaten by crusaders and hunters of Roman descendant as it was able to sustain them over long periods of time away from home.
- Black Forest is an actual forest in Germany. ‘The black forest’ is known for its thicket of wooded fir and pine trees. The forest is also famous for its deep red cherries. As a result of all these similarities, the Black forest cake came to be named so. Not surprisingly, black forest cake is one of the most famous German desserts.
- There are a lot of national days for cakes: January 27th is National Chocolate Cake Day, March 29th is National Lemon Chiffon Cake Day, May 19th is National Devil’s Food Cake Day, June 11th is National German Chocolate Cake Day, November 26th is National Cake Day.