Rabbit Coloring Pages
What animal do you have for a pet? If you haven't got any, you may want to consider adopting a couple of rabbits. They might not be as playful as dogs. They won't answer to your calls, let alone picking up the stick you throw. They also won't get close to you as much as cat, but there are still lots of things to love about this mammal. For once, rabbit is really cute. Their nose wiggles a lot and their fur is very smooth. Rabbit is also highly passionate animals. One of their hobby is mating with their couple. So if you like baby animals, rabbit might be the perfect pet for you.
Either way, rabbit is one of many animals children are most familiar with. They are used as an inspiration for many animation characters. The latest and arguably most popular one is Officer Judy Hopps, from the colorful Disney Zootopia. Now you won't find any printables related to that movie in this post but I've got a few blank rabbit coloring pages that you can print for your kids. They're all relatively easy even for younger kids who just learn to color objects. Some of the coloring pages show only one figure of rabbit while the others depict a rabbit family of one mother with many babies. See for your self below!
Also Read: Puppy Coloring Pages
Rabbit Coloring Pages
Fun Facts about Rabbit
- Rabbits have various other nicknames, depending on their gender and age. A female rabbit is called a doe. A male rabbit is called a buck. And a young rabbit is called a kit (or kitten). Oh, and in case you wonder if rabbit and bunny are different, here is the answer: "Rabbits and bunnies are the same animal – there’s no difference in breed or species, just the word we prefer."
- A rabbit’s teeth never stop growing! Many people believe they need to chew to keep their teeth short. While they do enjoy chewing, it’s the normal wear from where their top and bottom teeth meet that keeps a rabbit’s teeth short.
- Due to the structure of their rear limbs, rabbits can't walk like other four-legged mammals. All they can do is hopping. But what they can't do is made up by what they can do far better than any others. Their hind limbs are extremely strong which allow them to leap great distances. They can jump up to one meter high and three meters long.
- Rabbits are not always considered as a cute pet. In some areas, especially those whose main commodity is agricultural products, rabbits are seen as pest. They reproduce very quickly and they eat a lot of the farmers' crops. Perhaps, that's the idea of creating Bugs Bunny.
- Rabbits have an excellent sense of smell, hearing and vision. They have nearly 360° panoramic vision, allowing them to detect predators from all directions. They can see everything behind them and only have a small blind-spot in front of their nose.