Sonic the Hedgehog Coloring Pages
So I tried to Google some fun facts about Sonic. I typed in "Sonic Hedgehog". Notice that I missed typing "the" in between two words. I thought this wouldn't be matter, but as it turns out, Sonic hedgehog is actually the name of a certain protein in our body. Man, that's really unexpected! Anyway, Sonic, along with Mario is a game character in the old times that has yet to fade in popularity. Sonic is still arguably as popular as he was in the past. Many new games with different titles and gameplay featuring this fastest hedgehog in the world. So fast that he leaves a trail of fire to the ground he passes through. So fast that he can become like a chainsaw that can cut through anything. Sonic is definitely one of my childhood heroes.
Anyway, if you've been looking for some Sonic the Hedgehog coloring pages, you can find many of them in this post. Not only Sonic, you can also find his best pal, Tail, as well as his less popular siblings Sonia and Manic. You can also see his rival the super serious Knuckles the Echidna. Bets of all, you get to see Sonic in many different variations. You can see him holding a huge sword that's almost as tall as he is. You can see him wearing full body armor like a medieval warrior. They're just so cool. All of these printable Sonic the Hedgehog coloring pages are free but you may only use them for personal purpose. Check them out below!
Also Check: Nicki Minaj Coloring Pages
Sonic Coloring Pages
Fun Facts about Sonic
- If Sonic was real, his top speed would be 768 mph, which is the speed of sound.
- A number of pop culture icons were gathered as resources for the character’s creation. Ohshima borrowed Felix the Cat’s head and Mickey Mouse’s body for Sonic’s basic likeness. Michael Jackson’s boots from the Bad album sleeve inspired Sonic’s patented footwear (with Santa Claus’ coloring tossed in for a sense of familiarity).
- While Sonic’s style is based on Michael Jackson, his attitude is based on Bill Clinton’s “Get it Done” attitude. Sonic the Hedgehog is truly a product of the 90s.
- Sonic could have been a rabbit, armadillo or overalls-wearing chicken. The higher ups at Sega whittled down the options to handful of designs created by Naoto Oshima, which included an armadillo, rabbit and a hedgehog character.
- His name was not always Sonic. Even after Sega settled on the hedgehog, an idea proposed by designer Naoto Ohshima, the company tried out a taxonomically confusing name for the character: Mr. Needlemouse.
- During his early development, Sonic had a human girlfriend named Madonna. She also had blonde hair like the iconic pop star.
- Robotnik was almost the star of the game. Initially Sega thought Oshima’s best design was a caricature of Teddy Roosevelt wearing pyjamas, which was exactly how Robotnik looked in Oshima's first drawing. Sega eventually canceled the idea of featuring him as the main character, though. However, Sega still loved the him, so when it came time to create a memorable villain for Sonic, Sega knew who they were going with.
- Sonic 3 and Sonic & Knuckles were actually made as one game, but because of time and money, they were split into two separate games. Sega also developed “lock-on technology” for Sonic & Knuckles, so you could actually play Sonic 2 and Sonic 3 with Knuckles.