Summer Coloring Pages
So in the past, I've compiled some spring, fall, and winter coloring pages. All that's left is now for the summer coloring pages. Summer is actually not a good time to stay indoor. The sky is blue, the sun shines bright, and the breeze feels good, but you know, sometimes summer can be extremely hot and your children just want to chill in our home with some iced tea. In that case, you may want to get these summer coloring pages for kids. They can be a fun activity to spend the hot days on summer. Your children won't complain to you about felling bored or stuff like that. Instead, they'll have a lot of fun exploring their imagination to color these summer printables for kids.
All of these summer coloring pages are themed about summer. There are things that you may only see in a beach like starfish, seashell, sand castle, and volley ball. There are also some coloring pages that shows the beauty of tropical water, a kid diving with sea turtle and cute fish, and smiling octopus. There are also some coloring pages about lemonade and ice cream, two cold drinks that feel so good to have in summer. You can also see some popular cartoon characters such as Mickey Mouse and Spongebob Squarepants enjoying their summer days on a beach. There is also Garfield but he doesn't seem to have fun with the sun shining so bright. And of course there is the snowman who loves heat, Olaf. You can see him dancing under the sun. All of these summer coloring pages should look fun to all kids of all ages.
Also Check: Monster High Coloring Pages
Summer Coloring Pages
Summer Fun Facts
- The Eiffel Tower grows in summer. This historic structure is made of iron. Metal expands with heat. As a result, the Eiffel Tower can grow more than six inches in hot weather.
- The dog days of summer is a common phrase that is used to refer to the hot sunny days of summer. There are not many people who may know these fun facts about summer referring to the dog days. It refers to the weeks in July and August named after the dog star Sirius in Canis Major.
- Ice cream is sold the most in July. In July, Americans celebrate National Ice Cream Month. U.S. citizens consume about 5.5 gallons per year (on average). Higher temperatures affect sales.
- Summer camps are relatively more recent development and are among fun facts about summer seasons. Summer camps can be for boys or girls or even mixed, which involves interesting games and activities for children.
- An educator invented summer vacation. His name was Horace Mann. In 1837, he was elected as Secretary of the Massachusetts Board of Education. Mann used this platform to reform the school system from adding a break and developing uniform training for teachers.
- Frisbees in the past were actually greased pie plates, which people began to throw to each other in parks during summer. This is how frisbees evolved into an interesting game and they became fun facts about summer season.