Science Coloring Pages
Does your kid love science? Well, good for him/her! I still consider myself a much of a science guy, although I took linguistics as my college major. But, I still often get fascinated when I discover some random science facts on the internet. Just like this time when I finally realized that salt can be extremely dangerous when it's melted. Seriously, there is this guy on Youtube (his channel is Backyard science or something), melting a kitchen salt and he pours it right away into his fish tank that's full of water (without fish of course). You know what happens next? The whole thing got blasted away. It looks like a small explosive has been detonated inside the fish tank. That's insane.
Now that's probably something you don't want your kids to find out so soon, lol, but believe me there are still many other fascinating science facts safe enough for kids. In fact, I've listed some of them below. To motivate your kid to get involved with science more, here you can get these science coloring pages. Some of them look like an exciting graffiti nwith word science while some others show that science laboratory can be a fun place to play in. Of course, by play, I mean experiment. I'm sure kids would love all of these free printable science coloring pages.
Also Check: Stitch Coloring Pages
Science Coloring Pages
Fun Science Facts for Kids
- Butterflies taste food by standing on top of it! Their taste receptors are in their feet unlike humans who have most on their tongue.
- Shark's sense is so sensitive that it can detect the heartbeat of the fish that it will attack.
- Because of the unusual shape of their legs, kangaroos and emus struggle to walk backwards.
- The blue whale can produce sounds up to 188 decibels. This is the loudest sound produced by a living animal and has been detected as far away as 530 miles.
- Bloodhounds may not be your favorite dog, but they have excellent sense of smell. They can actually track a scent even if it's four days old.
- The trickiest tongue twister in the English language is apparently "Sixth sick sheik’s sixth sheep’s sick". Give it a try and see for yourself.
- The poison arrow frogs of South and Central America are the most poisonous animals in the world.
- Do you have any idea how large is an adult hippo's mouth? It's two feet wide!
- Although the Stegosaurus dinosaur was over 9 meters long, its brain was only the size of a walnut.
- Can you whistle? If you can't, maybe you want to learn how to do it from a mountain lion because it's the only animal that can do whistle. Alright, that's not a good idea. Don't do it!
- Flea's can jump 130 times higher than their own height. In human terms this is equal to a 6ft. person jumping 780 ft. into the air.